Patient & Family Advocates
Our mission is to provide Peace of Mind to our clients and their family and friends by ensuring the highest quality of care and services are consistently being provided. Angel On My Shoulder fills a void in patient care for families who aren't able to be as present as they'd like. We also provide support navigating the often confusing world of insurance, doctors, and health regimens.
Angel on My Shoulder can help if…
What we do
Angel On My Shoulder works closely with providers and specialists for a holistic approach to client care. Specialized services include:
- Coordination of care across different medical providers: Scheduling and attending medical appointments, synchronization of any changes with all providers.
- Creation of a holistic plan of care consistent for all stakeholders.
- Continuous reevaluations of the client’s plan of care to maximize their quality of life.
Angel On My Shoulder's goal is to help our clients attain the highest quality of life possible through an array of specialized healthcare services:
- Assessment of medical and psychosocial requirements completed by an experienced registered nurse to identify required resources.
- Assist clients in identifying issues that directly affect their quality of life.
- Development and implementation of communication strategies for family members, medical providers, and caregivers.
- Direct support during hospitalization via patient advocacy to medical providers and administrative staff.
We aid our clients' continued independence for as long as possible. We anticipate our clients' needs and prevent potential problems that may limit their ability to live at home.
We create and maintain a home environment that ensures safety and supports our client's continued autonomy. Our experienced registered nurses (RN) services include:
- Build holistic client care plans designed to maximize client quality of life.
- Caregiver screening, placement, training, and oversight.
- Perform home visits to ensure caregiver compliance and facilitating continuous personalized evolution of care plans.
- Coordinate specialized transportation to medical appointments.
- Perform ongoing home safety assessments.
- Implement a medication management system.
- On-call phone support for clients and their caregivers/family seven days a week.
We assess the current physical and psychosocial needs of our clients to offer choices when a change in living situation is needed. Our experience with different facilities in the Southern California area provides our client with peace of mind and aids in a difficult time of transition. Our transition services include:
- Complete physical and psychosocial assessments to define client requirements.
- Consultation on facility choice, including cost, care, and amenity comparisons.
- A deliberate transition plan, tailored for the client to help alleviate physical and emotional stress during the move.
- Ongoing oversight of the care provided by the chosen facility.
- Angel On My Shoulder is available for phone support to clients and their caregivers/family seven days a week.
Families need as much support as the patient. Having peace of mind that patients are advocated for, protected, and given the best possible care is essential. Services include:
- Regularly scheduled visits.
- Review of health status
- Monitoring of environment: nutrition, cleanliness, and safety.
- Ensuring that integrity is maintained.
- Reporting to the client, the family, or as directed.
Our nurses provide experienced care for clients at all stages of memory loss. We understand the importance of maximizing autonomy for the individual at all stages of memory impairment. Specific services include:
- Protecting clients’ rights in the home or assisted living facility.
- Creating a personalized plan of care that supports individual autonomy as well as a safe environment.
- Development and execution of a Cognitive Engagement Program designed to engage clients at any stage of memory loss.
- Available counseling to families on the complex issues that occur with memory loss.
Direct coordination with medical providers for care plan adherence.
- Specific placement and transition support to a more supportive living environment, should the need arise.
How we do it
Addresses Medical, Psycho/Social, and Environmental needs
Individualized Care Planning
Designed to address all areas of concern and sets goal for improved quality of life
Coordination of Care
Implementation of Care Plan with clients, caregivers, all providers and other individuals involved in client care
Angel on My Shoulder ensures our clients receive the highest quality of care
Stories & Testimonials
Providing Peace of Mind - Assuring Quality Of Care - Coordinating All Aspects of Care - Creating Trust