Angel On My Shoulder was created to help our clients attain the highest quality of life possible through an array of specialized healthcare services:
- Assessment of medical and psychosocial requirements completed by an experienced, Registered Nurse to identify required resources.
- Assist clients in identifying issues that directly affect their quality of life. Development and implementation of communication strategies for family-members, medical providers, and caregivers.
- Coordination of care across different medical providers: Scheduling and attending medical appointments, synchronization of any changes with all providers.
- Creation of a holistic plan of care consistent for all stakeholders.
- Continuous reevaluations of the client’s plan of care to maximize their quality of life.
- Direct support during hospitalization via patient advocacy to medical providers and administrative staff.
In Home Living Support
We provide services aiding our clients' continued independence for as long as possible. We anticipate clients’ needs — preventing potential problems that may limit their ability to live at home. We create and maintain a home environment that ensures safety, and supports their continued autonomy.
Our experienced Registered Nurses (RN):
- Build holistic client care plans designed to maximize client quality of life.
- Perform home-visits, ensuring caregiver compliance, and allowing continuous personalized evolution of care plans.
- Coordinate medication administration, monitoring and support.
- Coordinate specialized transportation to medical appointments.
- Perform on-going home safety assessments.
- Feature on-call phone support for clients and their caregivers/family seven days a week.
Memory Care Support
Our nurses provide experienced care for clients at all stages of memory loss. We understand the importance of maximizing autonomy for the individual at all stages of memory impairment.
Specific services include:
- Protecting clients’ rights in the home or assisted living facility.
- Creating a personalized plan of care that supports individual autonomy as well as a safe environment.
- Available counseling to families on the complex issues that occur with memory loss.
- Direct coordination with medical providers for care plan adherence.
- Specific placement and transition support to a more supportive living environment, should the need arise.
We assist clients in finding the best possible match in caregivers. The constant contact between patients and caregivers makes this step in the process vital. Physicians in the community trust Angel On My shoulder to find competent caregivers to meet their patient's specific needs. Our caregiver services include:
- Interviewing caregivers from multiple agencies — ensuring the best possible fit between patient and caregiver.
- Creation of an evolving personalized care plan to synchronize family, medical providers, and family effort.
- Training caregivers on specific execution of our holistic care plan.
- Weekly home visits by our Registered Nurses for supervision and retraining of caregivers as needed.
- Angel On My Shoulder is available for phone support to clients and their caregivers/family seven days a week.
Transition to Supportive Living
We assess the current physical and psychosocial needs of our clients in order to offer choices when a change in living situation is needed. Our experience with different facilities in the Southern California area provides our client with peace of mind, and aids a difficult time of transition. Our transition services include:
- Complete physical and psychosocial assessment to define client requirements.
- Consultation on facility choice, including cost, care, and amenity comparisons.
- A deliberate transition plan, tailored for the client to help alleviate physical and emotional stress during the move.
- Ongoing oversight of the care being provided by the chosen facility.
Long Term Care Visits with Family
- Regularly scheduled visits
- Review health status
- Monitor environment: nutrition, cleanliness, and safety
- Ensure that integrity is maintained
- Report to client, the family, or as directed
- Medicare/Medicaid Consultant – Daniel Wilson, MSW is exceptional at finding additional benefits for our clients whose income is largely used for living and healthcare.
- Dietary Consultant – Katie Di Lauro, RDN is an expert in nutritional care, helping our clients identify food allergies, dietary needs, and improving overall health. Nutrition is a proven key component to alleviating and reversing many ailment symptoms.
- Essential Oils and Healing Touch - Nurse Lani Campos, RN CCM HTSM-HP is certified in using Essential Oils & Healing Touch in the healing process.
- Essential Oils can perform many functions for our bodies, minds and spirits. They can support and balance many systems-circulatory, digestive, respiratory, nervous, endocrine and reproductive. Read more about Essential Oils and the effect they have.
- Healing Touch is a form of energetic healing that has its origin in the laying-on of hands that can be found in all spiritual paths. Learn more about healing touch in our blog post from Nurse Lani.